Oklahoma Correctional Association Board Meeting
Division of Institutions II
Attendees:Jerry Chrisman, Terry Martin, Larisa Howell, Janet Dowling, Jason Bryant,
Othersin Attendance:Charlie Groves
Meeting Called to Order: President Jerry Chrisman called the meeting to order at 2:00p.m.
Letter Review:A letter congratulating Representative Jeff Hickman for being elected as the Speaker of the House was reviewed by members and signed by President Chrisman. Following discussion it was determined that a congratulatory letter would also be sent to new DOC Director Robert Patton.
Account Balance Audit Report:Charlie Groves provided his review of the OCA financial records following the election of Jason Bryant as the new treasurer. The review was for time period January 1,2012 through December 31, 2013. Mr. Groves also provided some recommendations to ensure the accounting processes are more accurateItimely from this point forward.
Jason will also check on or handle the following notationsIsuggestions made by Mr. Groves:
- contact ACA to see if they will reissue an outdated check that we failed to deposit
- remove Mr. Groves as a signatory on the accounts and add Jason, Jerry, and Carl as new signatories
- contact the bank about receiving bank statements every month
- contact financial institutions to have CD moved to same bank as checking account
Lisa Burlingame was paid $1,529.81 for expenses for representing OCA at the ACA winter conference.
Terry made a motion to give Mr. Groves a $100 Visa gift card for reviewing1auditing the OCA financial accounts. The motion was seconded by Jerry and passed by the board.
2014 OCA Conference Update:A contract was signed with the Renaissance Hotel for this year’s three-day conference, which is scheduled for October 22-24.
An update was also provided regarding the arrangements and preparations that have been made so far by Lisa and Becky, who continue to organize committees, develop plans,and move forward with this year’s conference.
Board members also discussed the following arrangements/plans that need to be made and/or finalized: ·
- Develop a recruitment committee to discuss ideas/suggestions to increase membership
- Formalizing a conference committee
- Finalizing and sending the vendor contracts to the various vendors
- Review and update (if needed) of the OCA By-Laws
Jerry made a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Larisa and passed by the board. The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 p.m.
Minutes submitted by:Larisa Howell, Secretary
Approved by:signature on file 5/29/2014
Jerry Chrisman, President